What Is A Sports Massage?
A Sports massage typically consists of a deeper pressure that is beneficial for relieving or helping to prevent muscle tension and tightness that caused from overuse. It also helps to keep athletes “loose,” which can prevent injuries from occurring. The focus in a sports massage is to work on the areas that you need it the most, and it is a great accompaniment to regular chiropractic or physiotherapy sessions.
Benefits Of Sports Massage
- Increases Blood Flow
- Reduces Inflammation
- Alleviates Chronic Muscle Tension & Tightness
- Can Help To Break Up Scar Tissue and Increase Flexibility
- Promotes Healing in Injured or Overworked Muscles
- Aids in Effectiveness of Physiotherapy/Chiropractic Treatments
- Relieves Tension in Joints
Who Should Get a Sports Massage?
If you are an athlete or someone who works out strenuously, a sports massage may be the right option for you. By keeping your body flexible and your muscles loose, you are less likely to experience injury and pain during workouts or when playing sports.
Ready to schedule your massage? Click here to request an appointment or give our Tampa office a call at (813) 983-7921.